Friday, June 7, 2013

A Hobbit going to Unseen Hogwarts

nerdyfacts: (Source.)



nerdyfacts:

(Source.)

Okay, I really shouldn’t be here. I should be studying intensely for my Shakespeare exam...

Okay, I really shouldn’t be here. I should be studying intensely for my Shakespeare exam tomorrow. But can I just quickly say that I keep having nerd attacks when I read the names “Hermione” and “Perdita” in The Winter’s Tale? Hermione and her daughter Perdita… And here I was associating both those names with something that is totally not Shakespeare…

Okay, bye.

Photo



lotrconfessions: I'm terrified about The Hobbit ending. I've...



lotrconfessions:

I'm terrified about The Hobbit ending. I've been thinking about it a lot recently. The Hobbit has helped me escape reality, and find a new home. It's been something I can look forward to, to keep me alive. Not only that; I've fallen in love with the characters and the places, and when The Hobbit ends, they'll be gone. Forever. They'll never come back. I don't know if I'll be able to deal with that.

But stories never really go away. No, you can never have another first-time experience of your favourite story, that's true, but the story will live with you as long as you live. When you reach the end, the beginning will still be there, waiting for you to escape right back into it. You can rewatch and reread them. You can create fanart and cosplay and fanfiction and whatever else keeps the story alive and present for you.

And that's why stories are better than people. :P

ohdeartonks: Lord of the Rings Meme: Eight Quotes [6/8] →...













ohdeartonks:

Lord of the Rings Meme: Eight Quotes [6/8] → Gandalf & Pippin - Rotk (Movie)

"I didn't think it would end this way."
"End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path.
One that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back,
and all turns to silver glass... then you see it!"
"What? Gandalf? See what?"
"White shores... and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise."
"Well, that isn't so bad."
"No... no, it isn't."

Person: hey have you read any good books lately?

Person: hey have you read any good books lately?
Me: are you ready for this conversation?

simplypotterheads: In February, Scholastic revealed they would...



simplypotterheads:

In February, Scholastic revealed they would be revamping the covers of our beloved series for the 15th anniversary of the release of Sorcerer's Stone by releasing a preview of the book's new art. Today, artist Kazu Kibuishi, who is responsible for the redesigns, has revealed the second book cover while on-site at Book Expo America. We're excited to see the rest of the covers, so far they've been gorgeous!

Click here to see the preview of the new Sorcerer's Stone cover art

Uh… we did, Lizzie.









Uh… we did, Lizzie.

Photo



writer: let's get this minor character some screentime

writer: let's get this minor character some screentime
writer: let's show them how lovable he is
writer: okay, is everybody in love? right
writer: now let's kill him

harrypotterconfessions:  All of the shippers flip out because...



harrypotterconfessions:

 All of the shippers flip out because they see it as a potential ship moment. But really it's about both of them needing and missing someone. Harry misses Ginny and Hermione misses Ron, and in that one moment they're pretending that the other is their loved one. It's truly beautiful and poignant, and reading romantic love into it does the moment a disservice.

Photo



I just made my very first gifset today. Can you tell I have exams to study for?

I just made my very first gifset today. Can you tell I have exams to study for?

Photo













Photo







harrypotterconfessions: She came to England to take part in the...



harrypotterconfessions:

She came to England to take part in the Triwizard. She didn't win. But she stayed and married bill even though he was attacked. She became a part of the Order of the Phoenix even though she had no really connections to Dumbledore. She went out of her way to help.I think that's why i respect her.

nerdyfacts: (Source.)



nerdyfacts:

(Source.)

Photo





Photo



jurakan: hobbitofunseenhogwarts: lotrconfessions: I don't...



jurakan:

hobbitofunseenhogwarts:

lotrconfessions:

I don't think people who claim that Sam would have been a better ring bearer have really understood the books or films. He was no better or worse. Frodo was truly, a hero for withstanding the ring as long as he did and Sam was a wonderful friend. But what people don't seem to know that was in the small space of time Sam had the ring in Mordor, he almost didn't hand it back to Frodo. There is a frightening vision Sam has in the book when its power almost overwhelmed him. You should read the books

Well, I don't necessarily think people misunderstand LotR. I just think that it is not necessary to turn the story into a competition between Frodo and Sam. They are both the hero of the story. Actually, together they are the hero of the story. Sam is the physical aspect of the hero - he carried Frodo and most of the stuff most of the way. But Frodo is the psychological hero because he withstood the Ring all that time. Neither of them would have succeeded without the other. Incidentally, I don't think Sam would have been a better ring-bearer than Frodo, because the Ring is a psychological, not a physical, burden which places it in Frodo's domain.

And also, you know, that Gollum was the one who ended up destroying the Ring in the end, and it wasn't even intentional on his part.

Yes. I don't think any of them could have destroyed the Ring intentionally. Not even Isildur, the greatest of Men, could do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment