Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Khiramisu

Photo





voguedissent: the fact that all those "best of rock" lists contain, like, 95% white men bands and...

voguedissent:

the fact that all those "best of rock" lists contain, like, 95% white men bands and none of the poc THEY RIPPED THEIR MUSIC FROM tells you something about how bullshit rock is

nargyle: Legend of Korra print to be sold at AnimeNEXT this...



nargyle:

Legend of Korra print to be sold at AnimeNEXT this weekend!

Tried a new style for this print, and I'm pretty peachy with how this turned out. 

Prom?

Prom?:

fuckyeahchubbyfashion:

David's Bridal has a lot of GORGEOUS and really affordable plus size gowns. I'm a size 20, and they had my size (plenty of styles!) and beyond! I've got one dress from there and it is so pretty.

partybarackisinthehousetonight: "i wanna be an american idiot" i tell my guidance counselor. but...

partybarackisinthehousetonight:

"i wanna be an american idiot" i tell my guidance counselor. but it's too late. i have a 4.0 gpa and my SAT scores are perfect. my parents begin to sob

nargyle: tryin a new coloring method before a con is ALWAYS a...



nargyle:

tryin a new coloring method before a con is ALWAYS a good idea!

(and by always I mean never)

crystalzelda: forever-makorra: ah yes, ~Nice Guy Syndrome~ 1....



crystalzelda:

forever-makorra:

ah yes, ~Nice Guy Syndrome~

1. She didn't dump Bolin, they went one ONE "date" that he insisted upon. She made 0 promises

2. Made her truly happy? Lol she likes hanging out with Bolin and burping at each other, doesn't mean it's ~~twu wuv~~~ and that he would make her happy. If he did and she wanted him that way, she wouldn't be interested in Mako, would she?

3. Bye.

so many people in the fandom are ~nice guys~ for Bolin's sake it's ridiculous

dinosaur: ROAR

dinosaur: ROAR
me: hey lil guy
dinosaur: GRRR
dinosaur: GROWL
me: now what kind of dinosaur are you
dinosaur: SHOUT
me: hmm
dinosaur: HOLLER
me: hmmmmm
dinosaur: SNARL
dinosaur: BARK
me: oh right ur a thesaurus

Tenzin, sorry…I got a little sidetracked on my way to see you.









Tenzin, sorry…I got a little sidetracked on my way to see you.

theseweirddreams: This is the commission that seeks to repeal...



theseweirddreams:

This is the commission that seeks to repeal abortion here in my country, Uruguay. As you can see, it's all men in here. 

100793: phyllium: David Alan Harvey Local women at a bar just...





100793:

phyllium:

David Alan Harvey

Local women at a bar just off the beach. It is not uncommon at the beach for foreigners to offer money to local women for sex.

Santa Maria del Mar, Cuba.

1998.

outfits

snapfordakids: me arriving at the pool party



snapfordakids:

me arriving at the pool party

Y'all be using Sarah Bartman

mochafleur:

howtobeterrell:

To slut shame them black women in black men magazine and the video vixens and that shit ain't even right son.

Hoochie mamas have politics and poetics that need to be examined but not thru Sarah's lens. What Sarah went thru was the ultimate tour de hell of white supremacy and sexual fetishism.


I'm not for comparing atrocities but yea ill stop talking now

thank you…………………

gingerhaze: feminspire: alyssakorea: Tumbling over the past...







gingerhaze:

feminspire:

alyssakorea:

Tumbling over the past year and a half has made me see the problems of gender roles that exist in media, but sometimes it gets to the point where I over analyze every single piece of television or film that I come across. (However this in no way means that I think feminist media criticism is wrong, or should be avoided!) Mostly I just over think everything.

I've thought about this a lot and I think the answer is MORE, and MORE DIVERSE female characters.

We're used to having one or two female characters in a cast of mostly men, and hold them to a higher standard because of that. So all of feminism is resting on the shoulders of one female character - and that DOESN'T WORK. Because there isn't one right way to be a woman.

If casts had more diversity of gender, we could have warrior women and non-warrior women, sexual women and non-sexual women, feminine and non-feminine, and mixtures of all of the above…all are completely legitimate ways to be a woman.

We're used to seeing a lot of hypersexualized, scantily clad, one-dimensional stereotypes of women without stories or motives of their own. We respond by asking for characters that AREN'T THAT, but we may end up pushing too far in the opposite direction, and demonize traits like sexuality, conventional attractiveness, and traditional femininity as "sexist." That's why the most popular female characters are the ones that are most similar to male heroes - the Arya Starks - emotionally distant, unattached, solve their problems with violence, not remotely sexual. That's fine too of course. I love Arya. It's just not…the only way to be.

jaclcfrost: oh what a nice pack of tic tacs that should last me a good thirty seconds

jaclcfrost:

oh what a nice pack of tic tacs that should last me a good thirty seconds

mercycorps: From Feature Shoot: Shot over a period of 18...









mercycorps:

From Feature Shoot:

Shot over a period of 18 months, Italian photographer Gabriele Galimberti's project Toy Stories compiles photos of children from around the world with their prized possesions—their toys. Galimberti explores the universality of being a kid amidst the diversity of the countless corners of the world; saying, "at their age, they are pretty all much the same; they just want to play."

See more photos.

Photo





setfabulazerstomaximumcaptain: mochafleur: k1mkardashian: ...





















setfabulazerstomaximumcaptain:

mochafleur:

k1mkardashian:

UGHH I FUCKING LOVE RIHANNA YES

omfg she burned Joan River's pasty annoying ass so beautifully good god

think-progress: Doing it wrong Swiffer: They use a feminist...



think-progress:

Doing it wrong Swiffer: They use a feminist icon to promote women mopping the kitchen. 

theaterdagger: godlessfag: my government teacher  ACCURATE AS...



theaterdagger:

godlessfag:

my government teacher 

ACCURATE AS HELL

No comments:

Post a Comment